National Guard States Geospatial System Strategic Imperatives
The National Guard States Geospatial System Strategic Imperatives (GeoGuard) highlights a number of priorities that relate to the National Guard's efforts in support of domestic operations and Shared Situational Awareness (SSA). The document describes five strategic imperatives that relate to the GeoGuard program's mission to facilitate and coordinate the development of processes and procedures to enable sustained interoperable geospatial capabilities in support of all National Guard missions and daily business practices.
GeoGuard Strategic Imperatives:
- Establish an Esri software ELA to cover the entire NationalGuard.
- Continue to develop and share GIS applications that can assist states with the creation of a User Defined Operating Picture (UDOP).
- Deploy a centralized cataloging system called ArcGIS Portal for the National Guard.
- Complete and publish the States National Guard Domestic Operations Geospatial Concept of Operations (DOMOPS GeoCONOPS).
- Develop a means to identify and maintain an awareness of State's National Guard Geospatial operating environment.
- Create a Geographic Information System Training Plan for State Level Domestic Operations
The Strategy for Homeland Defense and Defense Support of Civil Authorities highlights a number of priorities that relate to the strategy's overarching theme, Unity of Effort and Interoperability. Many of the approaches listed below relate to the strengthening of Shared Situational Awareness (SSA):
- Assure the U.S. Department of Defense's Ability to Conduct Critical Missions
- Promoting Federal-State Unity of Effort
- Conduct Integrated Planning with Federal and State Authorities
- Expand North American Cooperation to Strengthen Civil Support
- 2010 National Security Strategy
- 2011 National Strategy for Counterterrorism
- Presidential Policy Directive-8 National Preparedness (PPD-8)
- 2010 Quadrennial Defense Review