Careers with the NISC
The NISC is hiring an Executive Director! The NISC is seeking an innovative and driven leader to fill this new position that has become necessary due to the growth of the organization. The Executive Director will work with the Board of Directors to advance the NISC’s mission and lead the organization with fundraising, strategic planning, and business development efforts and will also oversee all activities of staff that are under contract with the NISC.
A description of the position is provided below, along with relevant contact information.
NISC Executive Director
Location: Position is not location specific, staff currently resides in Washington, D.C.
Reports to: NISC Board of Directors
Type of Position: Full-time
Salary: Up to $80,000 depending on qualifications. Note: $40,000 has been raised to date, with full salary contingent on raising a minimum $40,000 match within one year.
Position Description: The Executive Director is the Chief Executive Officer of the National Information Sharing Consortium (NISC) and is responsible for planning, implementing, and managing the NISC’s fund raising, programmatic, and business development objectives. The Executive Director’s primary areas of focus are to cultivate major donor gifts for the organization, develop and implement a sponsorship outreach campaign, and update the NISC’s Strategic Plan to position the organization for sustainable growth as a leader in the advancement of incident management information sharing, shared situational awareness, and public safety communications interoperability. The Executive Director reports directly to the NISC Board of Directors and oversees all activities of staff that are currently under contract with the NISC.
The Executive Director will be thoroughly committed to the mission the NISC. All candidates must have proven leadership, coaching, and relationship management experience.
Required expertise includes:
- Advanced degree, ideally a Masters of Business Administration or other similar degree, with at least 5 years of senior management experience;
- A track record of effectively leading a scaled performance-and outcomes-based organization and staff;
- Demonstrated ability of having developed and operationalized strategies that have taken an organization to the next stage of growth;
- Demonstrated commitment to developing and managing quality programs and data-driven program evaluation;
- Experience in organizational management with the ability to coach staff, manage, and develop high-performance teams, set and achieve strategic objectives, and manage a budget;
- Demonstrated ability to conduct and manage fundraising efforts to financially support an organization;
- Demonstrated marketing and public relations experience with the ability to engage a wide range of stakeholders and cultures;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; a persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent interpersonal and multidisciplinary project management skills;
- Action-oriented, entrepreneurial, adaptable, and innovative approach to business planning; and
- Demonstrated ability to working effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people.
While not required, knowledge of information sharing governance and data processes, technology, and best practices in the emergency management, public safety, and homeland security fields is preferred.
Interested applicants should email a cover letter and resume to the NISC Chair, Doug Eades at email@example.com. The deadline for receiving applications is December 11, 2015.
Note: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. When hired, the employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the NISC.